Wednesday, February 13, 2013

Valentine's Day!



Well, tomorrow is Valentine's Day, however, my son's school is celebrating it today with a party. I had to make or buy something to give out to his little friends, so I started to look for some ideas on Pinterest. I pinned tons of stuff, but with so little time on my hands, I had to do something simple and easy, but wanted to do a little gift that was different and cute at the same time. 




So, I found this cute idea: Origami Heart Valentines. Since I did a lot of origami in my childhood, I thought this would be just perfect. Cute and different. Simple and easy.  


And I had all the material I needed for this project! 10 Heart shaped lollipops I found at Target for only $1 and origami papers - which I always have at home. If you don't have it, you can get a paper you have - not too thick though - and cut in squares. I used a 15cm x 15cm (5-7/8 inch x 5-7/8 inch) and I thought it worked just perfectly.



Then I folded the square paper into a origami heart. You can find the instructions here at the original post. Once you have the origami heart ready to insert your lollipop, it says to punch a hole at the back, which I did, but didn't work as my lollipop was bigger than the one she used, also the plastic wrap was kinda in the way, so I just push it through the heart, folding the plastic wrap.


Then I just tucked the back flap in.


Just like this... This is the back of the heart.



Nice, right? But I thought it was missing something... I didn't want to write on the back of the origami heart, so I decided to add a little personal touch to them...


So, I added my little Happy Heart Day tag I made myself. I thought these came out pretty darn cute, what do you think?





Now, for the teachers - he has 2 of them - not only didn't I want to give them lollipop, but I was out of them too, so I came up with something as easy and simple. Also, got the idea on pinterest, but made it slightly different as I didn't want to use my sewing machine - I wanted simple, right? So this is what I came up with:






First I cut a cardstock into a 4 1/4"x5 1/2"

Then added double sided tape like so

First, glued to make a cylinder

Then fold the side with the tape and glue them together and add some candy, here I added heart shaped chocolates


And fold the top, opposite way as the bottom. I punched two holes on top so I could add the ribbon and my happy heart day tag. Tada!



 So, here you have two great ideas. Easy and simple. Cute and different. I am sure they are going to be a big hit at school!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blogging tips