Sunday, February 17, 2013

Breakfast Quesadilla




I have been struggling with breakfast lately. Kids just want to eat cheerios and since every morning is such a crazy time here at home that I end up skipping the most important meal of the day. So, when I saw in the refrigerator that I still had my homemade flour tortillas I thought I could come up with a breakfast burrito. So, pinterest I went... Found great ideas there and decided to make a quesadilla instead as I love that crunchy tortilla. So I quick prepared this delicious meal that was kid and hubby approved!




First I prepared the salsa:




Here, I used 3 roma tomatoes, a handful of chopped cilantro and 2 scallions.

Then I added juice of a 1/2 lemon, a dash of frank sauce, about a tablespoon of extra virgin olive oil and a pinch of salt.


This salsa is so simple and yummy as is. Love to eat with some tortilla chips, yum! 

To make an easy guacamole, I just mashed 1 hass avocado with juice of 1/2 lemon, and added a couple of tablespoons of the salsa and mixed everything.

Add a little salt to taste. 

Then I prepared the eggs:

I used 4 eggs, a handful of baby spinach that I sauté with a little olive oil, couple of tablespoons of salsa and a handful of shredded mexican blend cheese and mixed them all.

I occasionally mixed the eggs while cooking, so I would have more like a scrambled egg than an omelet.

To assemble my quesadilla, I sprinkled some cheese, guacamole, eggs, a little more salsa, cheese and tortilla and cooked on hot skillet until nice and warm, then turned to crisp the other side.

I served with a side of guacamole and salsa:

oh... it was so good...
 My mouth is watering right now as I am writing this... Gotta make them again, stat!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blogging tips