Thursday, February 21, 2013

Omelet Muffins


Another Pinterest find! These Omelet Muffins are easy to make and delicious! You can also change the recipe to use up what you have in your fridge or just to change up a little bit. I have done countless time, always changing what I add in and they always comes out delish.

This time, I omitted ham/sausage and the cheese (we ran out!) and still came out pretty good, the kids gobbled them down, but picky hubby said that it wasn't his favorite. You know, he hates spinach... and I added too much of it!!




Omelet Muffins
adapted from here

4 eggs
1/2 cup shredded cheese
3 slices of ham or 7 breakfast sausage 
2 tablespoons cream
2 tablespoons water
1/2 cup of broccoli finely chopped or 1 cup packed baby spinach
1 small garlic
6 mushrooms finely chopped
2 teaspoons light olive oil
1 tablespoon finely chopped onion
salt and pepper to taste

Preheat oven to 350 F. Line a muffin pan with cupcake liners. For this dish I like to use the If you care 100% Unbleached Large Baking Cups. They are awesome for this as nothing gets stuck, not too good for cupcakes though...
And trust me, do not omit the use of the cupcake liners for this! One day, hubby was trying to surprise me and made this and follow the recipe to a T and guess what happened... Yep, it got all stuck and it was hard washing that muffin pan!

If using the sausage here, take the casings out, and cook breaking them apart. Set aside.

When I use broccoli, I use my mini food processor and chop the garlic and broccoli together, then sauté with 1 teaspoon olive oil. Set aside. Then sauté the mushrooms.






In a bowl, add the eggs, and the rest of the ingredients and mix well. Spoon the egg mixture into the muffin pan.



Bake for about 25 minutes until set. Let it cool for about 5 minutes and serve!






No comments:

Post a Comment

Blogging tips