Saturday, March 2, 2013

Ooblek fun!





With another day stuck at home, I decided to try Ooblek with my kids. It was such a success! They had so much fun!





At first, my 1 year old was a little afraid to touch it. He would just try with his little finger. Then he just had so much fun, making so much mess that the camera was put aside!



My 3 year old was so amazed with it, he couldn't stop playing with it. It was awesome, because I could make dinner without them bugging me!

It is super simple to make and you probably have the ingredients at home. But I must warn you, it is a big mess! They had so much fun that clean up took a good half an hour! There was ooblek spread all over the table, floor and even wall!!! But to see both of them having this much fun, it was totally worth it, at least for me... Maybe next time we will play with it outside, for a faster clean up!


Ooblek

1 cup corn starch
3/4 - 1 cup water
food coloring

Start with 3/4 of a cup of water and mix with corn starch and food coloring. I used blue, and this is optional. Mix everything, if it is still too dry, add a little more water, a tablespoon at the time.

Yep, that's it! Now, just have fun! Even daddy couldn't stop touching it, making our little guy a little annoyed because he wanted all to himself!

If you have tried it and your little one had fun with it, let us know! Share your experience or ideas using the comment box below!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blogging tips